Thursday 8 September 2011



I love this little mosaic Pac Man ghoul. It reminds me of my misspent youth in the amusement arcades with a pile of 10p coins to play Pac Man. Fabulous!




Doesn't this remind you of visits to the cinema? Why do people stand up when the film shows the best bits? This little bug-bear of mine inspired me to create this image, using two images merged into one--the first image is the seaside and the second one is a shadow of me on the sand. I used a photoshop application on my iphone to merge them together.

When I want to be creative, I write down a list of things that irritate me. Other times, I write down the best things life offers you. It is always important to carry a notebook and pen, a small sketchpad and pen. Inspiration hits you when you least expect it.

Draw a picture of whatever's in front of you when you have some time. Draw everything. This can be a picture of a mug, flowers, or a building. Or take photographs. It is very relaxing. You will learn about composition and placement, both of which are important in art. I will cover these at a later date. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment