Thursday 22 November 2012

Why drawing comics is great fun.

I enjoy drawing comics as much as toy photography. I am not sure there is a reason why drawing comics is fun. All I know is that it is a welcome break from toy photography. Changing art mediums is a good idea: it can enhance your creativity. There is also the thrill of trying out new pens.

Art shops, too. Any excuse for visiting art shops. I love visiting art shops. I am not sure why, but the smell of paint, carbon and aerosol make me nostalgic.


Enjoy....comic strips don't have to be perfect--mine are rough sketches. Sometimes it's much more fun to draw the roughs because you don't have to worry about technique: telling the story is more important here.



To recap: changing mediums is a good idea--very often, a project can become stale; and sometimes drawing comics allows you to go wild in your sketchbooks. 

Actually, it's not necessary to use a sketchbook. File paper or photocopy paper is just as good (and cheaper, too). Create. Because you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment