Friday 13 July 2012






And this is what has happened to Caffe Nero at Regent Street, Oxford Circus, London, UK. I used to go there sometimes! It is there no more...replaced by a clothes shop.

This move disappointed me enormously because said coffee shop used to close at 10pm at night, whereas the other Neros across the London boroughs shut at 7.30pm. Some at 8.30pm...

But what do we learn from this? That in the world, there is always going to be change. Unless we accept and embrace change, our lives will remain stagnant. We must look for new ideas, visit new places and learn from others. For example, Nero now sells porridge, soon after it recognised Pret's success in selling it.

I know people like Nero's porridge because my barista is now eating it. Poor soul. All alone in the corner like a fairy tale character with her bowl of gruel. One of the perks, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment