Tuesday 17 July 2012

How To Come Up With Something Good


I find that too many creative people try too hard to come up with new ideas. Granted, it can be tough coming up with something radical for a project, film, or blog post. But it doesn't have to be difficult. I find that taking time to reflect in private, away from the world helps me think. Taking a bath...is where I come up with my ideas because the question I ask myself at the end of the day is: What Was The Weirdest Thing You Saw Today?

Then once I know what it is, I try to work out a story behind the incident. For example, today, I was in the Apple Store's Genius Bar when I saw a man eating scallops from a supermarket package. Then all of a sudden, his girlfriend started crying. WHY? Beats me.

We may never know, but it's given me food for thought (pardon the pun)....and I got a blog post out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment