Monday 23 July 2012

We Do Not Need Interruptions

One of the most annoying things any creative person is confronted with are constant interruptions in the home. It's hard to be creative when others are distractive.

For example, when I was younger, my bedroom was always messy; my mother always wanted me to do an epic tidy-up.

Now, when you are bombarded with orders to tidy up, it's a good idea to be able to think on your feet.

For example, when I was a teenager, a conversation with my mother might go like this:

Mother: "Could you please tidy your room? I don't like seeing the mess."
Me: "Shut the door, then. Problem solved."
Mother: "Well, could you at least pick up your Batman underpants off the floor? Dog might choke on them."
Me: "Has the dog ever chewed underpants before?"
Mother: "No. But you never know."
Me: "Fido. I've got some cotton underpants for you. Where are you, Fido?"
Mother: "Stop being silly."


It's said that one works better in a tidy environment. But sometimes, that's not necessarily true. If you can meet your deadlines in the workplace, then there's no need to change the way you live.

But from a personal point of view, you may find it helpful as an adult, to not live with your parents.

Self-development and personal growth are just as important as meeting deadlines. We all have to grow up sometime.

Whether we like it or not....

And don't argue with your mother. No matter what you do, she will always be there for you at the end of the day.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Ormeley Rd,London,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment